Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I'm Blogging Again!

So, it has been about a year and a half since my last post. During that time, I made my way through some of life's difficult challenges. 

Two Job Position Eliminations

For the second time in my 10 year career with one of our nation's premier hospices, my position was eliminated.

Creating My Own Position

Between those two position eliminations, I had the rare opportunity of envisioning, creating, proposing, and implementing my own position as the Clinical Director of Counseling Services. With the position I named my salary, picked my team, and designed and implemented a very innovative way of providing bereavement, music therapy, chaplain, and complementary and alternative medicine services. 

Even though many strongly opposed the innovative change I led, our patient and client evaluation scores were well above the national average in the areas we served. We also saw an increase in accessing our services.

The Director of Counseling Services was the second position I was in that was eliminated.

Foundation Work

I must have done something right. I was offered and accepted a position with our newly formed Foundation. I had the opportunity to help raise money for the hospice services I was so passionate about. After six months with the Foundation, I resigned and ended my ten and a half year career with hospice. It was simply time for me to move forward with my life's work: revisionsing spirit and everything related to it, writing about it, educating about it, and caring for clients. 

Legal Separation and Engagement

During the same period of time my marriage of thirty-six years ended and I met the love of my life. Now we're engaged. I'm happier than I've been since I was a little boy.

Writing

In the midst of the above mentioned difficult challenges, I continued to work on the first book that this blog led me to. My plan is to have it published by the end of this year.

My thoughts and practices regarding spirit have developed significantly since I wrote posts for this blog. Now it's time to start blogging again.

Purpose of My Blog

I promise you this, you will not be board reading my blog. You will get to think thoughts and experience things you never have before.

To allude to the introduction of my first book: The purpose of this blog is to disturb you. It's not for everyone, just the courageous few.


  

1 comment:

  1. Changes can be good Mark - You never gave up on yourself! Congratulations it is nice when we can say, "I am happier than I ever was"

    ReplyDelete