Monday, June 27, 2016

How to Solve Problems

When I Have a Problem

Dr. Hew Len taught me one of the most important life-lessons I've learned to date. He taught me to see that whenever I have a problem, I am always there. It is true. Every time I have a problem, I am there. 

Where is the Problem?

He also taught me to ask, "Where is the problem?"  When I have a problem, I'm the one with the problem. The problem is in me.

Responsibility and Gratitude

Once I take 100% responsibility for my problem, rather than attribute it to others, I am "response-able", able to respond to my problem. I can be grateful for the opportunity and ability to solve my problem. Solving my problem will help me move forward with fulfilling the purpose of my life. For this opportunity, I am grateful.

Where is the Solution?

With gratitude I can then ask, "Where is the solution to my problem?"

The problem is mine. So is the solution. The solution to my problem is in me. It is my solution. Not only do I take 100% responsibility for my problem, I do the same for my solution. I take 100% responsibility for my solution. 

Consequences

When I take 100% responsibility for my solution, I also take 100% responsibility for the consequences of implementing my solution.  

Here's the thing about implementing solutions: solutions both solve problems and create new ones.

My challenge with solving my problems is doing my best to make sure I prefer the problems my solution creates in comparison to my current problem.  My best at this varies. 

NOTEAnother challenge I have is this: Taking 100% responsibility for my problems. I tend to want to make others responsible for my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment