Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Two Reasons We Don't Care

Just as I naturally desire to take good care of myself, so I naturally desire to take good care of all other spirited ones too. I cannot take good care of myself apart from taking good care of all others with whom I live. As others go, so go I.

All others naturally desire to take good care of me too. They cannot take good care of themselves apart from taking good care of me. Many, both plants and animals, give their lives for me so that I might keep on living. 

Often taking good care of each other is simply a matter of giving each other the space to freely live our lives.

There are only two reasons we do not take good care of each other: First, we are naturally limited in our knowledge, skill, and power. Because we are limited we do not get it right every time. We can fail to take good care of each other out of our natural ignorance.

Secondly, we're prone to illness and injury. When we are seriously ill or injured we do not take good care of either ourselves or others. We're unable.

When we're healthy we naturally take good care of each other. Just as other animals, we do so without religious, moral, or legal codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment