Saturday, November 23, 2013

Reincarnation? A Different Perspective

After being a spirited-minded-bodied ego can I die and yet remain as a spirited-minded ego? No, every spirited-minded-bodied ego is unique. When one dies it ceases to exist.  We only live metaphorically after we die. At best we live on as an influence in the lives of those who knew us.

However, it does seem possible that in some instances our spirited-mind can continue to exist. However, as a spirited-mind I would be less than I was as a spirited-minded-bodied ego. I would be only a shadow of my true self, a shade. The Ancient Greeks understood this well.  So did the Ancient Germanic tribes.

Can a spirited-mind be reincarnated? It's possible. However, since the body is not the same, neither is the ego, the person. Essentially, a reincarnated spirited-mind is a new and unique spirited-minded-bodied ego. As such it is possible that it could recall memories of being a previous spirited-minded-bodied ego.  

After being a spirited-minded-bodied ego can I die and yet remain a spirited ego? I think not. Spirit is simply that which makes alive. It is the same in everything that is spirited. I have no sense that my spiritedness is imprinted with my ego or unique or in any way.

I could, however, have it all wrong.  Right or wrong, I'm not sure it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment