Friday, November 22, 2013

Just Say No to Transcendence

do not seek to transcend my self. My ego is not something I want to transcend. I cannot both transcend my self and be my self. Why would I want to be something other than my self?

I might want to transcend myself if I believed there was something wrong with me or something "higher". However, "I" am not a problem that needs transcending. "I" am not a caterpillar in a cocoon. There is nothing "higher" for me to become than me. "I" am a one-of-a-kind gift. That means I am very rare. I am valuable, of inestimable worth.

Rather than transcendence I seek transformation. Rather than seeking to escape my self, I seek to become the full, strong, mature, unique ego I am meant to become.  Then I will be the best gift I can be for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment