Sunday, January 12, 2014

Specific Types of Euthumia

As I presented in an earlier post, euthumia is a general category of well-spiritedness. Euthumiacs are relatively healthy, free, self-supporting, productive, and harmoniously connected with others. 

In this post I present some specific types of euthumia. They include- 
Dynathumia, strong-spiritedness. Some examples of strong spirited humans are Rosa Parks, Oprah Winfrey, Florence Nightingale, and General George Patton, .
Glycothumia, sweet-spiritedness. My cat, Boo, comes to mind. If there is a sweeter spirit, I have not met it. I couldn't think of any well-known individuals who were sweet spirits.
Megathumia, great-spiritedness.Some human examples include Lao Tzu, Cleopatra, Napoleon, Marie Curie, Abraham Lincoln,Nelson Mandela, Joan of Arc, Catherine the Great, Helen Keller, Eleanor Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Albert Einstein.
Liberthumia, free spiritedness. Frederich Nietzsche, Jack Kerouac, Georgia O'Keeffe 
Philothumia, friendly, loving spiritedness. The friendliest, most loving person I ever met was Effie Lowe. Another is Brandi Allison. I couldn't think of any well-known individuals who were philothumiacs. Maybe the Buddha and Mahatma Ghandi. 

Erothumia: erotic spiritedness. Marilyn Monroe, Marie Antoinette, Mata Hari, Johnny Depp ,Brad Pitt, William Blake, John F. Kennedy.

Some might say that some of the people I mentioned above could be listed in more than one category. I agree. For example, I think that many megathumiacs are also dynathumiacs. Some might also be liberthumiacs. Some glycothumiacs might also be philothumiacs. I think we can have more than one type of euthumic characteristic at once. It just seems to me that often one stands out from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment