Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Why I'm a Spiritual Liminalist, Part 3

I freely renounce the invasive Middle Eastern species: Christianity.

I freely renounce all its diluted variations: Deism, Spiritualism, occultism, Perennial Wisdom, New Age Spirituality.

I freely renounce all Middle Eastern monotheisms.

I freely renounce the Western Eastward turn.

I renounce all religion.

I dig down to the deep roots of Western culture
and reverently touch them:
Ancient Greece and Rome.
Ancient Germania.
Europa before Christian corruption.
I absorb the tonic of my roots.
It warms my heart and heals my spirit.
It strengthens and inspires me.

I’m an Earthling.

Earth is my mother. I am from her.
Her spirit is my spirit. She gives me life.
My body is from her. She feeds me and
quiches my thirst.

Earth is my home.
I was born here. I’m living here. I’m
dying here.

From Earth I came and to her
I will return. She is my womb

and tomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment