Saturday, November 29, 2014

Spirit-Centered Living, Part Two: The Spirit of Others

Not only am I alive, others are too. They too are spirited: 

Earth, water, wind, and fire-all moving, all alive. 

Stones, grass, flowers, vines, shrubs, and trees-all moving and alive. 

Every insect and animal, including us humans- moving and alive.

Even the moon, planets, and stars- all moving, all alive.

The spirit, that which makes alive, spirits us all. We share spirit in common.

We all are alive rather than not.

Let this great mystery move us all to wide-eyed wonder!




Some live lives that affirm their own life and the lives of others.
Some live lives that deny their own life and the lives of others.

Those who deny life, make the lives of those who affirm life necessary.
Those who affirm life, make the lives of those who deny life necessary.

We depend on each other.


Has it always been this way?
I don't know. I just know that it is this way now.

Will it always be this way?
I do not know. I just know that it is this way now.

Why is it this way?
I do not know. I just know that it is this way now.

Shouldn't we try to change it and make it better- more life-affirming?
The only way to make it more life-affirming is to deny the lives of those who deny life.

We who affirm life, affirm the lives of all the living, including those who deny life.

No comments:

Post a Comment