Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Answers Not Found On Line...

In the age of the internet, search engines, blogs, and social networking it is easy to believe that the answers to our questions are one quick internet search away. We're not left wondering for long. 

Answers to our questions pop up in the first ten search engine results. You know, the ones that represent the mediocrity of 80% of the human herd. Who looks past the first five?

While it might be true that we can get instant on-line answers to many of our questions, what about the questions that really matter? I'm talking about those questions that move us to wonder rather than resolution.

Is it not amazing that we are alive rather than not?

Why? 

Why are we alive? Why are you alive?

What makes you alive?

How will you make your life worth living?

Duck Duck Go that. No one will know.

3 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed this. Yep, don't we all have a propensity to Google the answer to whatever question we have. And most of the time we get at least 30,000 answers to the question we can check out, LOL. Ah, if only it were this simple with the meaningful questions of life. And I wonder just how many think it truly is. Finding what makes my life worth living is unique to me. It's a happy pursuit trying to figure that out--part of what I suspect you would call the mystery of life.

    I've gotta say, I did spend some time considering your last line, which to me could be read two ways. Either no one will know that Duck Duck Go was consulted. Or, perhaps more significantly, no one at Duck Duck Go, or any search engine will know, aka have an answer, as to what makes my life worth living. Now, what would Siri say about this, I wonder. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara! Thanks, especially for getting the double meaning of my last line.

    ReplyDelete