Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Session With Me

I established a holistic health discussion group that meets once a month at the local public library. At yesterday's meeting the woman who was our presenter for the day and I were talking as we waited for others to arrive.

After hearing me answer her question about what I do, she asked, "So, what is session with you like?" Here's my answer:

As session with me is like having a confidential conversation with someone who cares deeply about the things you care most deeply about.

I believe in you. I believe that you have life-affirming desires in your heart that no one else has. They are yours alone to fulfill and no one else but you can fulfill them. 

We all need you to fulfill the life-affirming desires of your heart. However, doing so is not easy. It's very difficult. 

So, if the purpose of life is for each one of us to fulfill the life-affirming desires of our hearts, then sessions with me are about providing a safe, confidential place for you to talk about what you're working on. Sessions with me are about me listening to you, encouraging, supporting, and challenging you to fulfill the life-affirming desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment