Friday, September 16, 2016

10 Things to Love about On-line Counseling

If you are like me, you might be skeptical about on-line counseling and therapy services. However, they are growing in popularity.  Now that I have done on-line sessions for a while, I understand why.
At first, I was very skeptical about caring for clients on-line. Now, I love it. Here are ten things I am loving about on-line sessions:

1. They’re easy to do. Both my clients and I have found it easy to log-in and connect with each other. All we need is a PC, laptop, tablet, or smart phone with a camera and mic; internet connection, and username and password for the counseling website.

2. We aren’t limited geographically. You get to have your session wherever you choose. We can be anywhere, as long as it’s a private location, and meet on-line for a session. Neither one of us have to be “in town” or drive somewhere to meet. No one sees you going into my office.

3. Our sessions are secure and confidential. Your information and sessions meet and exceed the Federal HIPAA regulations. Your information is not sold or shared with others. Strict confidentiality is maintained.

4. We have the benefit of seeing and hearing each other during your session. This is important for both you and me. I see your facial expressions and gestures and hear the tone of your voice. You see mine as well. This supports our sense of connection that is so important to our work together.

5. You can access my calendar and schedule your own appointment, if you want to.

6. We both receive reminders of our appointment so we don’t miss it or show up late and cut your time short.

7. I can share clinical and teaching documents with you on-line during our session. These are secured and protected.

8. Paying your bill is easy and documented. 

9. It’s easy to refer family members, friends, and co-workers, regardless of where they live.

10. It raises the quality of care provided by all counselors and therapists, because high quality care is now a click away.

Yes, there are  some cons to on-line counseling and therapy work: We cannot shake hands or hug. Sometimes there are technical problems that we have to address. But, in my experience so far, the pros outweigh the cons.

If you think I might be able to help you make your way through a difficult challenge that you’re facing now, I offer free 30-minute initial consultations.

You can connect with me on-line here:



Or call me at 828-551-8825 

No comments:

Post a Comment