Saturday, April 19, 2014

Today I Choose to Affirm Spirit

Today I choose to affirm spirit, that which makes alive.

I choose to-

Say "Yes!" to life - mine and everyone else's

See every individual thing as a living being- everything is spirited and alive

Delight in the wonder of being alive

Be in awe of being alive

Value and appreciate my own spirit and life as well as everyone else's

See every living being as kin because we're all spirited and alive. We're family.

Love and care for every living being with whom I relate. Love is my default way of relating to myself and others.

Protect and nurture my life and that of others.

Take life reluctantly and only when necessary- to sustain my own life and those for whom I am responsible

Take life, when necessary, compassionately, swiftly, and with as little pain as possible

Be grateful to those who give their life that I may live

Fully enjoy the pleasures of living

Rise up to face the challenges of living my life rather than cower from them

Not hinder others living their lives as they choose- except when they unecessarily harm others

Be creative, productive, and add value to the lives of others in ways that only I can do

Honor mothers and fathers of all living beings

Honor those who live long lives

Care for the sick, injured, and dying

Remember with gratitude those whose spirits now spirit me

Protect and nurture the young, especially my own children if I have them

Be happy to be alive 


 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautifully written ode to Spirit! Thoughtful and uplifting. And so very reflective of how I choose to live my own life. Continue writing about Spirit, Mark. It's your gift and your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sara, for your kind and affirming words! It feels good and is encouraging to have my gift and art validated.

    ReplyDelete