Sunday, February 16, 2014

Whose Responsibility is Your Spirit?

I'm talking about the health and well-being of your spirit. Whose responsibility is it?

Responsible For

To be responsible for something is to be able to respond for it, to speak on its behalf.

Do you speak for your own spirit?

Have you relinquished that responsibility to others? 

Can anyone else speak on behalf of your spirit?

I alone speak for my spirit. My spirit is my responsibility. No one else can be responsible for my spirit.


Responsible To

However, being responsible to is a different matter.

To be responsible to is to be able to respond to another.

I am able to respond to my own spirit for how I treat it. When I treat my own spirit well, I respond accordingly. When I treat my own spirit badly, I respond accordingly.

I am also able to respond to you and every other living being for how I treat your spirit. When I treat your spirit well, you respond accordingly and I am able to respond back.

Likewise, when I treat your spirit badly, you respond accordingly and I am able to respond back.

We're not responsible for each other's spirit. However, we are responsible to each other for how we treat each other's spirit.


Holding Each Other Responsible

I am responsible to you and everyone else for the health and well-being both my own and your spirit.

You're responsible to me and everyone else for the health and well-being of both your spirit and everyone else's.

I will hold you responsible.

Will you hold me responsible?




No comments:

Post a Comment